Friday, February 6, 2009

I'm signed up with the Navy.

So I went to MEPS and have officially signed up with the Navy. My ship date as of right now is September 15, 2009. That is longer than I thought it was going to be. I guess that gives me more time to get all my stuff done and get in better shape. The job I chose is aviation computer and technologies technician. So after two months of boot camp I will go to A school for about 1 to 2 years. I also received a sign on bonus for this job. Once I am finished with A school I will be assigned to a squadron of planes and will go where they go. I will be on base 50% of the time and on sea 50% of the time. It looks as though I will be able to see a lot. I am excited and can't wait to leave. I am also going to try to see if a sooner date to leave might pop up so I might end up changing jobs and leave sooner. Well that is all for now.

-Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment